Monday 29 July 2013

I just love Vernon Ah Kee's large portraits. With an hour or two to spare today I visited QAGOMA to see the 'My Country', I still Call Australia Home: Contemporary Art from Black Australia. Some pieces I have seen before in touring exhibitions, especially the Fiona Foley's but they are so potent. Loved the large Vincent Serocco, and much more. I can't go past beautiful drawing skills like Danie Mellor's or the miniature churches made from miniature bibles of Archie Moore. I walked out with a great sense of loss after the exhibition. The visit to the State Library to see the show Kevin Wilson curated (although I don't see his name on the brochure) - 'Live, Queensland Band Culture' on until 15 September. Lots of music, colour, and references to a celebrated musical past.

No comments:

Post a Comment