Monday 19 November 2012

How time flies....
I don't even remember what day this is, and how long it is since I last blogged.
My ambitions of blogging each day has gone out the window, and I still haven't got around to putting any images up. It's just not right - working in a visual environment and no visuals!!!
I do apologise. I don't have a computer to upload yet.

So far I have spent time talking to Michlle who looks after exhibition touring, spent time installing, watching and taking note of new ways to do things, and offering some suggestions from my end... yes I have dared to offer some exchange information, which makes me feel good that i can do that. I hsve noted lots of similarities, well being in the same environment there would have to be. and today I spent the whole day with the Shop Coordinator... watch out Pamela, it's all good!
There was the opening of 5 exhibitions on Saturday afternoon, big crowd, including a bus load of artists that traveled up from Sydney as part of the 'Inspiring Artists' exhibition upstaits. These were some of the artists who have received grants through the Pat Corrigan tust over the years, and Pat Corrigan was there, and they all stayed for the dinner afterwards - dinner for about 100 in the cafe. Great food, and great company.
I was fortunate to sit with GW Bot for the dinner so had my own artist talk before the official one on Sunday, which about 30 people turned up for. I coud identify with her 'glyphs' and her link to the Australian landscape, and there is nothing more importnt than being in the 'now'. This is where it is at, baby.
I am now begginning to feel like I have been here for quite some time, as the place and people are becoming very familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment